Incubator of Innovation
Incubator of Innovation + is a program of the Ministry of Science and Higher Education, which supports the process of managing the results of scientific research and development works, in particular in the field of commercialization.
Financial resources for the implementation of tasks under the program have been allocated from financial resources for science as part of a non-competitive project "Support for management of scientific research and commercialization of R & D results in scientific units and enterprises", implemented under the Intelligent Development Operational Program 2014-2020 (Action 4.4).
The value of the project is PLN 3 750 000.00, of which the European Funds contribution is PLN 2,995,000.00.
The project was acquired by a consortium composed of:
- Gdańsk University of Technology (leader)
- Excento Sp. z o.o.
- University of Gdansk
- Medical University of Gdansk
The aim of the project is to strengthen cooperation between the scientific community and the economic environment, promote scientific achievements and increase their impact on the development of innovation.
The acquired funds will be used for the following tasks:
- initiating and strengthening cooperation between the scientific community and the economic environment, including searching for entities interested in implementing the results of scientific research and development works, through the promotion of a technological offer and participation in science and business exhibitions and fairs;
- preparation of projects for the commercialization of the results of scientific research and development works, containing in particular analyses of the market potential of inventions and analysis of their implementation readiness, as well as the valuation of industrial property rights;
- technology portfolio management, including in particular:
- monitoring and analysing the results of research or development work in terms of their practical usefulness,
- analysis of market needs in order to select the topics of scientific research or development works and to examine the state of technology before starting research or works,
- keeping a database of implemented research projects, achieved results and the possibility of their application in practice,
- analysis of the possibility of obtaining patent protection and the possibility of commercialization of the results of scientific research and development works before their publication;
- conducting pre-implementation work, including additional laboratory tests or adapting the invention to the needs of the interested buyer;
- involvement of Innovation Brokers acting as intermediaries operating in specific areas of knowledge, responsible for establishing cooperation between the scientific environment and the economic environment, which will result in the application of research results within the framework of specific market solutions.
Jerzy Buszke - Innovation Broker, Project Manager
phone: +48 58 348 66 32
Robert Bajko - Innovation Broker
phone: +48 58 348 63 93
Aleksander Sowa - Innovation Broker
phone: +48 58 348 63 94